Table of Contents
Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for OBC
Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment, Govt. of India provides the Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for OBC. RGNF OBC Scheme is awarded in the area of Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences and Engineering & Technology. All those aspirants who want to apply for this fellowship must go through the full information such as Eligibility for RGNF, fellowship amount, and how to apply procedure etc. are provided below. UGC National Fellowship Guidelines clearly given on its official website i.e. www.ugc.ac.in. Those applicants who belong to Other Backward Classes (OBC) category can fill the application form before last date 31st July 2016.
RGNF OBC Scheme
Government of India had launched a Central Sector scheme namely, Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for OBC to increase opportunities for the students of Other Backward Classes for pursuing higher education leading to their acquiring degrees (M.Phil and Ph.D) in Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences and Engineering & Technology in Indian Universities or Institutions. The RGNF OBC Scheme aims at providing financial assistance to the OBC students in obtaining quality education. The UGC (University Grants Commission) is the nodal agency for implementing and notifies the scheme by releasing advertisements or notifications. There are 300 slots for award of fellowship every year for all the subjects for consideration of application received through online www.ugc.ac.in.
Eligibility for RGNF
Here you can check the Eligibility for RGNF. The candidate should belong to OBC and should have passed the Post Graduation and annual income of the parents or guardian of the beneficiary not exceeds Rs. 6.00 lakh per annum are eligible for RGNF Fellowship 2016 Apply Online. The selection will be made on the basis of merit of the candidates prepared by the commission as per their rules. Students who want to pursue M.Phil, PhD degree in Science, Humanities, Social Science & Engineering and Technology must fill their online application form before the due date.
Nature of financial assistance as per pattern of UGC schemes:
- Fellowship in Science, Humanities , Social Science and Engineering & TechnologyJunior Research Fellowship: Rs. 25,000/- per month for initial two years
Senior Research Fellowship: Rs. 28,000/- per month for initial for remaining three years
- Contingency A For Humanities & Social Sciences: Rs. 10,000/- per annum for initial two years
Rs. 20,500/- per annum for remaining three years for Humanities & Social Sciences
- Contingency B For Science, engg. & Technology: Rs. 12,000/- per annum for initial two years for Science, engg. & Technology
Rs. 25,000/- per annum for remaining three years for Science, engg. & Technology
- Departmental Assistance 3000 per annum per student to the host institution for providing infrastructure for
- Escorts/Reader Assistance 2000/- per month in case of Physically handicapped & blind candidates for all
- House Rent Allowance will be given to the candidates as per the norms of institution /university
UGC National Fellowship Guidelines for Apply Online
Are you looking for RGNF Fellowship 2016 Apply Online process? Please follow the below stated steps.
- Firstly, log on to the official website i.e. www.ugc.ac.in
- Now find the “Scholarships & Fellowships” link on the home page.
- Select the appropriate link related to the RGNY Fellowship as per the category.
- Read the instructions
- Then click on “Apply online” tab.
- Fill the online application form with relevant details
- Upload the required documents.
- Finally, submit the form and take printout of the confirmation page for future reference.
Last date to apply online: 31.07.2016
Book mark our site jobspill.com by pressing ctrl+d. We will update latest government jobs information in our site regularly.